Seasoned West Hartford Family Lawyer Delivers Strong Counsel
Assertive Connecticut attorney guides clients through the divorce process
Family law issues are serious matters that are often complicated by raw emotion. Without the right legal guidance, those strong feelings could cause lasting harm to you and your children. At the Law Offices of H. Dyke N. Spear, Jr. in West Hartford, we have more than 30 years of experience effectively handling every aspect of Connecticut divorce cases. Our hard work and the positive results we’ve achieved have earned us an enviable reputation throughout the area. Many of our clients have significant assets and require high-quality, aggressive representation to limit losses and secure a fair distribution. Whether you are involved in a highly contested divorce or believe you have resolved most of your issues, our firm delivers comprehensive, cost-effective counsel that puts your best interests first.
Efficient advocate handles custody, property and support matters
Whether you’re dealing with divorce, alimony, child custody, child support or property division, you need a knowledgeable and skilled attorney who is familiar with the family court system. Our Hartford County firm stands by clients and strongly advocates on their behalf in matters relating to:
- Grounds — Connecticut allows no-fault divorce, which means that marriages are dissolved because they are irretrievably broken. Traditional fault grounds such as adultery and willful desertion are also available. We can advise you on the option that best suits your objectives. Once you have filed for divorce, there is usually a 90-day waiting period before the process starts.
- Child custody — Our firm’s detailed approach to each case means that we can establish a strong argument for child custody arrangements that are truly in the best interests of young people. When possible, we seek to resolve these issues through mutual agreement so that parents can establish a framework for future cooperation on important matters.
- Property division — Unlike some firms, we aren’t willing to surrender your rights in property division matters. Rather, we diligently pursue a distribution that puts you in the best position going forward. This attention to detail and willingness to advocate for our clients has made us the choice of many Hartford-area clients engaged in high-net-worth divorces.
- Child support — Though determining child support payments might seem simple, mistakes and intentional deception can trigger a patently unfair order. Whether you’re litigating an initial determination, seeking enforcement of an existing order, or requesting a modification, our firm will work hard for an appropriate result.
- Spousal maintenance — For both paying spouses and recipients, we develop an authoritative case for alimony determinations that are fair in both amount and duration.
Starting with a free half-hour consultation, you can trust our firm to deliver exceptional family law representation and service. We deliberately limit our caseload to allow us to devote as much personal attention to a case as it requires.
Contact an accomplished Connecticut family law attorney for a free half-hour consultation
The Law Offices of H. Dyke N. Spear, Jr. represents family law clients throughout Hartford, Middlesex and Tolland counties. Please call 860.470.3296 or contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free 30-minute consultation at our West Hartford office.